The Nordic Council of Ministers, the Centre for International Mobility (CIMO) has approved the application “Nordic Concept in Biomedical Engineering and Medical Physics Education through Nordic-Baltic Cooperation” and will provide a grant from Nordplus Higher Education 2014.
The project was initiated by BALTECH. Tallinn University of Technology is the coordinator through Technomedicum, Department of Biomedical Engineering, professor Ivo Fridolin. Partners are Riga Technical University, University of Latvia, Kaunas University of Technology, Linköping University, KTH, Aalto University and University of Oulu.
It is t he first Nordplus project for BALTECH.
The BALTECH meeting „Future student 2020“ will be held in Tallinn, 12-13th May. The meeting will take place at Tallinn University of Technology.
The aim of the meeting is to share experience among BALTECH universities and look into:
- reasons behind shortcomings and improvements of basic math and science skills of future students;
- improvement of curricula in the field of technology and engineering;
- activities that attract future students to higher motivation and prerequisites for graduation;
- activities to improve and harmonize the quality of basic math and science skills;
- fresh ideas of training and marketing activities implemented by universities.
Expected participants include:
- admission and marketing staff
- staff responsible for activities within basic education for 6-15 year old pupils and upper secondary education for 16-18 year old pupils;
- staff cooperating with basic and secondary schools and teachers;
- staff interested in popularization of the technical and engineering fields.
Full program of the meeting and online registration form can be found at: http://www.ttu.ee/studying/continuing-education/continuing-education-courses-2/?id=34516&koolitus=2331
Participation in the meeting for BALTECH members is free. Accommodation costs will be covered for up to 3 participants from each member university on a “first come first served” basis. Initial deadline for registration is 15.04.2014.
The meeting is organized by Tallinn University of Technology, Open University.
Contact: Kristina Piliste
School of Technology Coordinator
TUT Open University, School of Technology
Tel +372 620 3606
GSM +372 55 923 126